Lung and respiratory care in Denver
The lung and respiratory specialists at Rose Medical Center help treat and care for patients with lung disorders and breathing difficulties. Our comprehensive pulmonary care team in central Denver is made up of pulmonologists, oncologists, thoracic surgeons, nurses and respiratory therapists. We all work together to provide each patient the best care from diagnosis and treatment to follow up and support for the many types of lung diseases we treat.
Find the right pulmonary specialist for your condition at Rose Medical Center through Find A Doctor.
Pulmonary conditions we treat
Our team of specialists diagnose and treat an array of lung diseases, including:
- Bronchitis (chronic and acute)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD), scarring of the lung tissue
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary hypertension
Lung and respiratory specialists
There are a number of different types of physicians you may see if you are combatting a lung condition or disease, including:
- An allergist: Allergists are internal medicine specialists with extra training in allergy and immunology, which includes special training in treating asthma and allergic asthma.
- A cardiothoracic surgeon: Cardiothoracic surgeons have special training in performing operations on the thorax, or chest area of the body.
- An oncologist: An oncologist is a cancer care specialist.
- A pulmonologist: A pulmonologist is a doctor who specializes in treating diseases of the lungs. Pulmonology is considered a branch of the internal medicine specialty.