Orthopedic specialists in Denver
Our board-certified orthopedic specialists provide the latest advancements in spine care, sports medicine and knee, shoulder and hip replacement surgeries. We offer continued care for our orthopedic patients through our comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation program, which helps patients regain their strength and range of motion following treatment.
Comprehensive orthopedic surgery program
When you come to the Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center, not only can you be assured you are getting exemplary care from the first person you interact with to the last, but you can trust that we consider every patient a breakthrough. Though we have mastered surgeries for spine interventions and new joints, our greatest satisfaction is when each Rose patient realizes they get to live without constant pain after surgery at the Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center.Find an orthopedic surgeon
We offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team approach to care, including board-certified orthopedic surgeons, a dedicated orthopedic and spine nurse navigator, deeply experienced nurse managers, a nursing team trained in orthopedic and spine care, social workers and occupational and physical therapists.
Rose Medical Center goes above and beyond for orthopedic patients. We offer:
- Individualized treatment plans created especially with your needs and health history in consideration
- Free pre-operative education classes for joint replacement and spine surgery patients, as well on on-demand videos for patients who can’t attend the classes in-person
- Free joint replacement or spine surgery pre-operative classes
- A dedicated orthopedic and spine patient navigator
- Access to a comprehensive on-site Surgical Readiness Department. Our experienced, compassionate staff offers pre-surgical clearance examinations, necessary lab and imaging studies, patient and family pre-surgical educations, as well as information about optimizing your best recovery
- Patient guidebooks specific to knee, hip, spine and shoulder surgeries to educate you about what to expect before, during and after surgery and to help keep your records organized
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation program to aid in a healthy recovery
- Local travel accommodations with a special rate for Rose patients
- Lower complication and infections rates as compared to the national averages
- Spine-specific surgical and rehabilitation protocols
- Both the posterior and anterior approach to total hip replacements
- Highest quality prostheses
- High-quality, state-of-the-art spinal implants
- Participation in world-class joint fellowship program
- Accessible location at the Rose Medical Center Wolf Building with complimentary valet parking
- Convenient online pre-registration through our MyHealthOne patient portal to document your information and health history, saving you time on the day of surgery
Joint replacement surgery
A joint replacement surgery typically takes anywhere between one to three hours to perform. Following surgery, patients can expect to spend up to one-and-a-half hours in a recovery room. However, each patient’s needs and circumstances are different, so your time in surgery and/or recovery may vary.
Many joint replacement surgical patients worry about pain during and after their procedure. Most patients only experience discomfort in the days and weeks following their procedure, but this is often a relief compared to the years of chronic joint pain most patients experienced.
Many patients undergoing joint replacement surgery are eager to get back to living an active lifestyle as soon as possible. It is common for joint replacement surgical patients to be able to engage in low-impact activities, like swimming, walking, bicycle riding and golf, after several weeks of rehabilitation and recovery time following surgery.
Rose offers comprehensive joint replacement programs for:
Learn About the New Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center
The Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center team offers pre-op classes for hip, knee and shoulder replacement as well as spinal surgery in both online and in-person settings. During these courses, you will:
- Review what happens during surgery
- Be shown examples of the actual components that may be used in your surgery
- Talk about how to prepare for surgery
- Discuss your surgery day, from arrival to discharge
- Review what to expect as you recover
- Learn about exercises and rehabilitation with our physical therapist and occupational therapist
Unable to make it to an in-person course? No problem. We offer pre-operative classes online, so you can access them anywhere. Follow the links below to start learning.
At the Orthopedic & Spine Center at Rose Medical Center, our patient navigator is here to help inform patients about educational resources before surgery, coordinate patient care and ease patients’ anxieties about logistics on the day of surgery. Our patient navigator will:
- Facilitate communication between all members of the healthcare team
- Ensure patients are aware of the many educational offerings about their upcoming surgery
- Help patients understand the pre-planning necessary before undergoing surgery, such as arranging for home help, pet care and preparing your home
- Serve as a reliable and trusted source with answers to varied questions
- Provide a personalized touch to orthopedic and spine care by visiting patients during their hospital stay
- Communicate with patients in the year following surgery
Renee McWee, Orthopedic & Spine Center Patient Navigator
Renee McWee has worked in surgical services at Rose Medical Center for 30 years. She shifted her role to become Rose’s Orthopedic & Spine Center Navigator in 2016 to coincide with the opening of our newly renovated Orthopedic & Spine Center. Renee enjoys the opportunity to work with all Rose orthopedic and spine patients to ensure they receive the education and information they need prior to surgery and after surgery, so their focus can be on achieving their breakthroughs.
Arvada Multidisciplinary Clinic
At Rose Medical center, we have expanded our orthopedic footprint in the Denver community through the Rose Arvada Multidisciplinary Clinic. Our clinic allows patients north and west of Denver to seek orthopedic and spine care in a convenient location that is close to home or work.
Patients now have access to the new RoseMed app, available on Apple’s App Store. Our app is designed to be your personal concierge from pre-op to post-op and everywhere in-between.
Additionally, every room in our Orthopedic & Spine Center is equipped with an AppleTV enabled with AirPlay, a seamless way to wirelessly access content from an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Don’t have your own Apple device? Our Orthopedic & Spine Center has iPads you can borrow while you are in our unit.