The Rose Babies Birth Center: a low-intervention birthplace
The Rose Babies Birth Center is our on-campus low-intervention birthplace. Here, families experience a calming, home-like environment that is free from interventions and supports physiologic birth. Families can relax, knowing that they will be cared for by their trusted provider and specially trained nurses within the safety net of a facility well-known for excellence in obstetric and neonatal care. Rose's birth center is the first and only accredited in-hospital birth center in Colorado.
The Rose Babies Birth Center provides:
- Fully remodeled unit with spacious, all-private rooms
- Queen size beds for labor, birth and family bonding
- Oversized tubs for relaxation
- Nurses with special training in physiologic birth
- Holistic pain management and labor support tools
- Lactation support
- Rose’s dedicated Childbirth Navigator
- Denver’s only hypnobirthing hospital
- Apple TV in each room to aid in relaxation
- Rose Doula Connection flat-fee program
- One-to-one nursing care
- Family-centered care
- Accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers
COVID-19 Health Alert for Rose Babies
In our continuing effort to maintain the health and safety of our
patients, visitors, colleagues and you, our Rose Babies moms, expectant
mothers may only have the birth partner as her one visitor while mom is in
the hospital with us. All other loved ones will not be able to visit while
she is in the hospital due to ongoing health and safety precautions. After
baby arrives, we encourage you to Skype or FaceTime your loved ones as we
cannot accommodate visitors other than the birth partner anywhere on the
Rose Babies unit.
For the most up-to-date information in this quickly changing situation, visit Rose Babies on Facebook. Thank you for helping us slow the spread!
If you start to deliver in the Rose Babies Birth Center and it is determined that medical intervention is needed, don’t worry, a full hospital is just down the hall.
Beginning your journey at the Rose Babies Birth Center
We look forward to helping you achieve the low-intervention birth you and your family envision. To ensure the safety of mom and baby, we encourage our Rose Babies Birth Center families to take a few extra steps to ensure they are as prepared as possible.
- Attend a Rose Babies Birth Center informational seminar to learn more about the options available to you.
- Meet with your OB provider to receive health clearance. Certain conditions may lead to a need for you to deliver on our labor and delivery unit. Your provider will also have a disclosure form for you both to sign.
- We recommend to mothers having their first unmedicated birth to take a class to help prepare for the delivery and recovery. We offer several classes, listed below, to help mothers prepare.
- Attend a Your Rose Baby pre-admission appointment to have your health history completed and final questions answered.
Natural childbirth classes and support
Your birth experience wishes are important to Rose, which is why we offer multiple options to support the unmedicated birth experience, both through specialty classes and unmedicated pain management equipment in the labor and delivery rooms. We offer the following classes to help educate expectant parents planning to deliver at Rose Babies Birth Center:
Rose is very proud to be the only hospital in Denver offering a class on hypnobirthing, which is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing and stress-free birth experience. This program, taught by a hypnobirthing certified instructor teaches you, along with your birthing companion, how to call upon your body’s natural relaxants and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication.
Unmedicated childbirth preparation
This four-week class focuses on providing parents with tools to help achieve an unmedicated birth. Topics to be covered include the anatomy and physiology of childbirth, the role of pain in childbirth and natural pain coping strategies.
Unmedicated childbirth supplement
This class is for parents who have recently finished one of our main labor and delivery preparation courses who also want to review and practice labor comfort skills. This class is also recommended for expanding families who would like a refresher on relaxation techniques.
Private preparation for childbirth
When all else fails to work for your schedule, or if you have special needs that you feel will be better met on a one-to-one basis, a private class may be your best choice. The time frame of your class will be based on your individual needs, with the average class lasting two to three hours. For more information, or to schedule a private class, please call (303) 320-2001 or email us.
Soothing techniques for your birth experience
Rose is proud to offer multiple soothing options for moms having an unmedicated birth experience. Our traditional labor and delivery rooms are equipped with in-room Jacuzzi tubs, squat bars, rocking chairs and birthing balls. In addition, our team of nurses has received specialized training on comfort and support measures for childbirth. We also offer a very special doula program and support for families using hypnobirthing.
In addition, in-room massages are available for a small fee. Massage during labor can help decrease labor pain, stress and anxiety.Rose Babies Birth Center Disclosure (PDF)