Midwifery services in Denver
Women who deliver at Rose Medical Center have the choice to receive care from an OB/GYN or a certified nurse midwife (CNM). Our team of CNMs offer healthcare for women from adolescence through adulthood, including pregnancy and holistic birth.
Sensitive and holistic care is standard, not the exception.
Why choose a midwife?
A midwife may be the best fit for you if you are looking for holistic and patient-centered care. Our midwives act as a partner to empower you to play an active role in your health. They also look to develop long-term relationships with our patients.
Our midwives take the extra time to listen, understand your needs and educate and support you in your choices. They promote overall health and well-being for a happy and fulfilling future.
Teamwork and collaboration
Through a unique collaborative model, Rose Babies midwives are able to offer some services to women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy, including those desiring vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC). Our midwives can also serve as a first assist on Rose’s unique family-centered C-section to ensure a true midwifery experience. If patients develop a condition that needs a specialist’s attention, our midwives work closely with Rose OB/GYNs and can help get the very best care for you.
Rose Babies midwifery services
- Prenatal care
- Low to high-risk pregnancy care
- Pregnancy-related medical disorder follow-up
- Late prenatal care
- Childbirth services
- All pain management techniques, including natural birth and epidural
- Options during labor, including the Rose Babies Birth Center, freedom to move, use of a birthing ball or Jacuzzi tubs, ability to eat and drink while laboring, alternative birthing positions and hypnobirthing
- Delivery for multiples
- First assist on family-centered C-sections
- Collaborative care with perinatologists for high-risk pregnancies
- Breastfeeding consultation
- Support for vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
- Well-woman care and exams
- Primary care for women
- Family planning and contraception
- Pre-conception care
- Gynecological disorder evaluation
- IUD insertion
- Nexplanon® insertion
- Birth control methods (with the midwifery model of care)
- Cancer screening and mammography
- Sexually transmitted infections screening and counseling
- Menopause management
Named a Best Place to Give Birth in America by Parents.com