Infectious disease care in Denver
At Rose Medical Center, our infectious disease specialists provide top notch care for patients with infections caused by bacteria, virus, fungus and/or parasites. Our specialists provide the most progressive and effective care in treating the following types of infectious diseases:
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Viral hepatitis (Hepatitis B and C)
- Tropical infectiousdiseases
What is an infectious disease specialist?
An infectious disease specialist is an internal medicine doctor with extensive training and knowledge in diagnosing and treating infectious diseases, understanding how the body’s immune system works, how infections spread and how to control infection, including the use of antibiotics.
If you become seriously ill from an infection, your primary care physician may refer you to an infectious disease specialist. You may also need to see an infectious disease doctor if you are hospitalized with a serious infection or if you acquire an infection while in the hospital.
Treating infectious diseases
At Rose Medical Center, our award-winning infectious disease doctors and experienced staff provide state-of-the-art treatment plans that are tailored to the specific needs of each patient and their specific strain of virus.
We partner with other specialty providers in order to offer the following services:
- Preventive medicine and vaccinations
- Antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Research and clinical trials
- On-site specialty care:
- Clinical psychology
- Chronic pain management
- Clinical nutrition consultation
- Women’s care
- Gynecologic care
- Sculptra treatment for lipodystrophy
- Bone density and body composition testing (DEXA)
- Hepatitis B and C
- International travel medicine
- Patient education and peer counseling
International travel medicine
International travel, whether for business, leisure or personal reasons, may require special vaccinations and other health preparations before your departure. The travel medicine doctors at Rose Medical Center can help:
- Educate you about medications and travel healthcare
- Administer any necessary travel immunizations to help prevent illness
- Asses your medical needs based on your departure location
- Provide detailed advice to help minimize travel-related health risks