Emergency room in central Denver
In a medical emergency, the sooner you can get help, the better. Rose Medical Center has two emergency rooms: one conveniently located in our main hospital in central Denver at 9th Avenue and Cherry Street and the Rose Stapleton ER located just north of Interstate 70 in Stapleton.
When emergencies strike, you can trust that you will receive the best care at Rose.
Both of our emergency room locations in Denver are renowned for employing highly skilled doctors and nurses to provide efficient, quality care. We hope you find comfort in knowing the Rose ER is ready to care for you and your family 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Additionally, Rose’s main facility is the only Denver hospital with a cardiac catheterization lab directly by the emergency room, which means you receive the cardiovascular treatment you need fast.
You can contact the Rose main facility ER at (303) 320-2455 or the freestanding Stapleton ER at (303) 577-1500.
Emergency care you can trust
Our emergency rooms were designed to provide efficient, compassionate care and include:
- Immediate access to our accredited Chest Pain Center and Rose Heart and Vascular Care program, renowned for its ability to quickly and effectively treat chest pain
- Rapid response programs in partnership with local EMS: Stroke Alert and Cardiac Alert
- Emergency room team that meets the core measures for national patient care guidelines 100 percent of the time
- Board-certified doctors, specially trained nurses and other skilled medics and techs
- A “fast track” program available for patients with less severe injuries, getting you in and out of our ER quicker
- Our “fast track” program is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Kaiser Permanente patients accepted
- Pediatric emergency services
- Check your child’s symptoms to determine when to take them to the ER
- Access to more than 300 affiliated pediatric specialists, neonatologists and maternal-fetal medicine specialists
Take Me to Rose!
When it comes to an emergency, you have a choice of where to receive your care. Tell your first responders,
"Take me to Rose!"
Why choose Rose for emergency care?
At Rose Medical Center, our ER is equipped to handle a wide variety of illness and injury. Through a team approach to care, we work to stabilize patients so that they can begin the recovery process. Our ER team is made up of several specialists and sub-specialists, including:
- Trauma surgeons, trauma anesthesiologists and trauma nurses
- Emergency medicine doctors
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic surgeons and oral-maxillofacial surgeons
- Cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons
- Emergency department technicians and X-ray technicians
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and respiratory therapists
- Critical care nurses
- Chaplains, social workers and case managers
Your ER questions answered
- The Rose ER does not provide urgent care services.
- Rose ER takes all major insurance plans. You can contact your insurance company directly for a definitive answer.
- EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act) prohibits us from providing financial information before you receive care. All patients who present in the ER must be seen for medical care.
- Our ER staff is unable to diagnose or triage patients over the phone, as this does not constitute a proper examination.
- We are able to offer pediatric emergency care.
- Pricing and costs for an ER visit vary upon a patient’s presenting conditions, diagnostic examinations required, treatment plan and your insurance coverage.
Advanced heart care
When it comes to chest pain, losing time can mean losing your life. At the Rose Heart Center, we can’t stress enough how important it is to act immediately no matter how vague your symptoms might appear. If you visit the Rose ER with chest pain, you will have direct, quick access to Rose’s heart care team and our Cardiac Alert program, which coordinates care for heart attack patients before they even get to the hospital.
A visit to the emergency room is scary for both children and their parents. When kids get sick or hurt, the expert team at the Rose Medical Center emergency room is here to take care of them, keeping children comfortable and parents reassured. Our ER is proud to be a part of the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children system of pediatric care.
We offer special services, tools and policies for treating pediatric patients. Our team of ER nurses specialize in caring for pediatric patients, and our pediatric ER is designed specifically for the safety and comfort of children. Additionally, our ER team can quickly connect to the pediatric emergency physicians at the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children by telemedicine at any time.
If your doctor’s office is closed, call our nurse advice line to get your questions answered about your child’s care. Call our line at (303) 563-3300 or toll-free at (877) 647-7440. Our line is open Monday to Friday from 5:00pm to 8:00am and 24 hours a day on weekends and holidays.
Our pediatric designation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children gives our patients access to the widest spectrum of pediatric specialty care in Denver, including the most advanced pediatric operating room in the country. If your child is in need of ongoing care, he or she would be transferred to Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children’s leading pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) or inpatient pediatric unit.
Rose Medical Center offers an “ouchless ER,” which includes:
- Tools for sedation to provide relaxation and comfort for patients
- Pain-free IV starts
- A coordinated and concentrated effort to reduce pain and anxiety for both kids and their parents
The Rose Stapleton ER is open 24 hours a day, seven day a week and it is always prepared to provide expert emergency care for the whole family. The Stapleton ER is conveniently located at the corner of Northfield Boulevard and Wabash Street in the Northfield area of Stapleton.