Rose Center for Bariatrics
At Rose Center for Bariatrics, weight loss is a team effort. We pair cutting-edge surgical procedures with resources, such as informational seminars, classes, support groups and exercise networks, to find a weight loss solution that is the perfect fit for you. Our bariatric surgery center is the largest and most comprehensive bariatric surgery program in the Rocky Mountain region, having performed more than 6,000 weight loss procedures.Find a bariatric surgeon at Rose
To contact Rose Center for Bariatrics, please email or call us at (303) 320-7673.
Rose Medical Center boasts one of the most experienced bariatric surgery programs in the U.S. Our bariatric surgeons combine clinical excellence with educational programs to give each patient the best possible outcome after his or her bariatric surgery. Our program is a Bariatric Center of Excellence, as designated by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
The patients at Rose Center for Bariatrics who have undergone weight loss surgery have lost a combined half-a-million pounds and resolved countless numbers of unhealthy weight-related health conditions.
Our goal is to set our patients up for long-term success, no matter their circumstances. That is why we offer a variety of special programs to our patients, including:
- Out-of-state travel program
- Diabetic program
- Teen program
- Pregnancy program
Most experienced bariatric surgeons in Denver
When you choose Rose Center for Bariatrics, you are choosing one of the most experienced weight loss programs in Colorado. Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight loss surgeries with safety and complication rates better than the national average.
We provide you with the resources and lifestyle coaching you need to keep the weight off as you continue upon your journey to a happier, healthier you. Our genuine care and compassion for patients is reflected in the firm commitment to improving your health and quality of life pre- and post-surgery.
Our weight loss procedures
As a comprehensive bariatric surgery center, Rose offers a complete range of weight loss surgeries to ensure we can appropriately meet your needs. Our offerings include:
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic loop duodenal switch
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- ORBERA™ intragastric balloon (non-surgical)
- Adjustable gastric banding/lap band
- Gastric plication
- Complex bariatric revisions
Minimally-invasive weight loss surgeries
The future of weight loss surgery is here with laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. The minimally-invasive bariatric surgeons at Rose Medical Center are giving our bariatric patients a new lease on life with the added benefits of minimally-invasive procedures: less pain, fewer complications and minimal scarring.
Our bariatric surgeons perform the following weight loss procedures utilizing minimally-invasive techniques: adjustable gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
Bariatric classes and support groups
Surgery is only one of many steps in your surgical weight loss journey. For each stage of the process, we offer a variety of support groups, nutrition seminars and exercise classes to help you maintain your ongoing weight loss success. Support groups and classes meet regularly and are supervised by our bariatric surgery team. Most of our classes can be attended by teleconference, if you do not live in the Denver area.
Our support groups are designed to allow you to ask questions, gain ideas, discover new motivation, discuss struggles and receive overall support from others who understand where you are coming from. You are welcome to bring guests to any group.
Pre-op nutrition class
This class is required before you have surgery. You will learn more about the surgery itself, nutritional requirements to be successful, vitamins, protein supplements and exercise. One support person is welcome as space is limited. You will receive a confirmation email with the date and time of the classes as well as the location once you register. You may attend the class as many times as you would like, but only once is required.
Post-op nutrition class
This class was created to help you understand the diet progression and its importance after surgery. We have a class on each diet transition as you go through it to help you navigate through your healing process.
Back to basics class
This class is designed as an overview and in-depth nutrition class. We encourage this class at three months post-surgery and beyond as a refresher. There are four parts to this class:
- Surgical tool
- Behavior modification
This can help reinforce your new lifestyle and establish good habits after weight loss surgery.
Sixth month post-op class
This is the perfect class for a refresher on nutrition and exercise, six months after your bariatric surgery. In this class, you will learn great tips from our registered dietitians on recipes and ways to mix it up.
Bariatric menu planning
This class is offered February through November. In this class, you will learn lots of new recipe ideas. With the help of a registered dietician, you will learn how to eat to be successful as you continue your weight loss journey.
Out to eat group
This group meets at a restaurant once per quarter to go over healthy menu choices, how to prevent overeating and best strategies for following the rules of the tool when you are on-the-go.
Why choose Rose for weight loss?
The Rose Center for Bariatrics is recognized as a leader in safety and effectiveness. We are one of the longest standing Centers of Excellence in the U.S. and have been an accredited bariatric center since 2004.
Some of our recognitions include:
- Rose Medical Center is recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations, like Rose, that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence.
- U.S. News & World Report named Rose Medical Center the #4 Best Hospital in Colorado and the Denver metro area.
- Rose is a Fully-Accredited Center with Adolescent Qualifications by MBSAQIP.
- Rose is a member of the Aetna Institute of Quality.
- We are one of the first in the nation to be designated a Blue Distinction Center+ for Bariatric Surgery by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- IBM-Watson has named Rose Medical Center one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals 12 years in a row.
Comprehensive surgical weight loss program
- Staff who are eager to help answer all pre-and post-surgical questions, including whether you are considered a candidate for bariatric surgery.
- One of the highest volume centers in the Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas and Nebraska regions, resulting in standardized care and quality for all our patients, while still providing an individualized approach to supportive aftercare.
- Bariatric-specialized and experienced anesthesiologists, pulmonologists, intensivists, mental health professionals, gastroenterologists, radiologists, cardiologists, nutritionists and support staff.
- A program director in-house at Rose Center for Bariatrics who coordinates all activities, manages patient interactions by coordinating with surgeons and staff and coordinates all patient education.
- Affordable prices and expert care coordinators to assist you with financial and insurance matters.
- Specialty programs to help you succeed, including our travel program, diabetic program, teen program, pregnancy program and Fast Track program.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-surgery patient support and education groups.
- Sensitive care and handling by every member of the Rose Center for Bariatrics team.
- State-of-the-art technology and advanced laparoscopic (minimally-invasive) capabilities.
- Post-operative rooms with specialized equipment for bariatric surgery patients.
- Gorgeous facilities and amenities.
- Participation with a large array of insurance companies, including Medicare.
Additionally, we consistently exceed and report quality standards to comply with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, MBSAQIP and other governing bodies and insurance providers.
MBSAQIP administers a national accreditation program that recognizes surgeons and healthcare facilities that provide safe, high-quality surgical care. Our Center of Excellence program promotes universal quality care, which is our number one priority.
Weight loss surgery informational seminars
If you want to learn about safe, effective and proven new methods for managing your weight loss, attend one of our free weight loss seminars. In our seminars, you will:
- Meet one of our bariatric surgeons
- Hear about our quality care, outcomes, accreditations and designations
- Learn about your surgical options and the processes involved
- Understand the difference between procedures (bypass, band, sleeve and plication)
- Get to know the criteria involved with becoming a bariatric patient
- Find out more about our programs and support options
- Hear directly from our patients
- Determine what your next steps are and how you can get started
Please note: Attendance is required for all potential candidates prior to setting up a consult with our surgeons.
Our seminars are for people seeking information about weight loss surgery. We ask that, if possible, spouses or committed partners also attend.
Register now and meet our team
To register, choose a surgeon below and follow the instructions to sign up.
Dr. Michael Snyder (Denver Center for Bariatric Surgery)
Central Metro Denver Location
Rose Medical Center—Rose University Learning Center
4600 Hale Pkwy, Denver, CO 80220
Kim Delamont, NP, CNM
Our comprehensive bariatrics team also includes our Program Director, Kim Delamont. Kim coordinates all activities, oversees our daily office operations and manages patient interactions with surgeons and staff. She also manages and coordinates all patient education opportunities.
Hilary Rounds, RDN, CDE, NASM-cpt
Our bariatrics team also includes our registered dietician, Hilary Rounds. In addition to being a registered dietitian, Hilary is also a diabetes educator at Rose Center for Bariatrics. Hilary is in charge of organizing and teaching all pre-operative and post-operative bariatric surgery nutrition classes, facilitates support groups and checks in on our patients following surgery.
Can I afford weight loss surgery?
At Rose Center for Bariatrics in Denver, we understand cost is a consideration for most patients considering undergoing weight loss surgery. Our expert coordinators will work to help customize a plan that fits your needs and your budget.
Though weight loss surgery may be expensive, it is important to consider the financial costs of continuing to suffer from obesity and its associated complications, like diabetes, sleep apnea, GERD, joint pain or fatigue. Weight loss surgery is an investment in your health that, over time, may ‘pay for itself’–both financially and in quality of life.
Use our tool below to help you decide whether you can afford weight loss surgery.
..., your current expenses are:
..., your savings will be:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|These savings are equal to the cost of a LapBand surgery, financed at 8% interest over 3 years.|
Financial and insurance information
We offer financial options for both self-pay and insured patients, and our bariatric specialists can assist you in navigating either plan.
Insurance for weight loss surgery
If you have insurance with bariatric coverage, including Medicare, and are interested in bariatric surgery, please contact your insurance provider to determine if they will cover your desired procedure. We recommend you ask the following questions:
- Do you provide weight loss surgery coverage benefits?
- Which bariatric procedures do you cover? (gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, lap band, revisions)
Rose Center for Bariatrics recommends that you record the name of the individual you spoke with and the date and time of your conversation. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at (303) 320-7673 and a bariatric coordinator will assist you through the process.
A checklist to follow when using your insurance for weight loss surgery:
- Call our offices for a consultation.
- Visit your primary care physician and ensure that he or she weighs you and documents your weight in your medical chart.
- Have your physician recommend an exercise and/or diet regimen, and make sure your physician documents these recommendations in your chart.
- Get weigh-ins at your physician’s office at least every four weeks. Have your physician document your weight in your medical chart along with your progress and make recommendations on how to improve your progress. A complete note must be written noting your progress and the recommendations given.
- If the diet and/or exercise regimen is not effectively helping you lose weight, go see your physician again and have him or her recommend an alternative program. Continue the physician weigh-ins. The check-ins need to be frequent and consistent.
- Have copies of this record available when you come in to see your bariatric surgeon. If your primary care physician has questions related to this process, have him or her contact your bariatric surgeon.
- Work with our surgeons’ offices to expedite this process at every step.
- Remember to have your physician document everything in your medical chart.
Self-pay/cash-pay options for weight loss surgery
We offer affordable options for our self-pay patients. If you think you may be a self-paying patient and you are committed to considering weight loss surgery as an option, contact us immediately. We can help you expedite the process with our Fast Track program.
- We offer discounted self-pay pricing packages to help you access care.
- We offer self-pay payment plans to help you budget for your procedure.
- We have expert financial counselors to help you navigate this process.