Your Rose Baby Appointment
Planning for your labor and birth is an exciting time! Your birth experience wishes are important to Rose, which is why we began the Your Rose Baby program, a one-on-one consultation with an experienced Rose Labor and Delivery Nurse prior to your delivery date. This is a time when you and your support person(s) have the chance to ask questions, discuss your birth experience hopes and go over your birth wishes form.
Important note! Please go through the pre-registration process on our website at least one week before requesting your Your Rose Baby visit. This is a necessary step so our team can find your record and document your wishes during your Your Rose Baby appointment. If you have trouble with the link above, please call 303-320-2798 and we’ll be happy to pre-register you over the phone.
During this session, you and our nurse will discuss:
- The admission process when you arrive at the hospital (we do highly recommend using online pre-registration for filling out hospital admission information in advance of your due date)
- Whether you are planning to have a medicated or unmedicated birth experience and what to expect either way
- What to expect if you are having a C-section
- If you are having a boy and considering circumcision
- If you are considering or have already signed up for a Rose Doula and how the doula’s role works during your labor and delivery
- What to expect if you are having multiples
- Questions you may have about breastfeeding or bottle feeding
- A brief health history will be taken. This will allow for a quicker admission process when you arrive on your big day
Please note: The Your Rose Baby appointment does not include an official tour of the Rose Babies birthing center and floor. Please visit our Tours page to learn about the many opportunities to take a tour.
A great starting point to think about your birth experience needs is the Rose Babies Birth Wishes form. We encourage you to print this and bring it with you to the Your Rose Baby appointment.
More than anything, this appointment is opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about your upcoming stay in a private session with a Rose nurse expert. Planning for baby’s arrival is special time is full of hopes and desires, and this consultation will allow us to help you prepare and get ready for this experience.
We recommend making the Your Rose Baby appointment when you are approximately 32-36 weeks pregnant. Appointments are approximately 45 minutes in length and are available Monday through Thursday.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Rose Babies Birth Wishes (optional)
- Any questions you may have!
- If you have developed a formal birth plan, please bring it with you and we’ll go over it together.
Scheduling Your Rose Baby Appointment:
Visit RoseMed.com/YRBappt to schedule your appointment once you are in your 32nd week.
Congratulations on planning the arrival of your baby! Rose is honored to support you in the planning of this exciting time!