Delivering Happy, Healthy Rose Babies for Decades
Practically since we first opened our doors 1949, Rose has been known as Denver’s baby hospital. We are proud to work with thousands of parents — new and repeat parents — every year, and we are committed to ensuring your birth experience is meaningful and meets you and your baby’s needs every time.
And now in 2017, Rose is thrilled to have opened the Rose Babies Birth Center, a low-intervention birthplace. Here, families will experience a calming, home-like environment that is free from interventions to support physiologic birth. Parents can relax, knowing that they will be cared for by their trusted provider and specially trained nurses within the safety net of a facility well-known for excellence in obstetric and neonatal care.
What’s special about having a baby at Rose?
- Deeply experienced OB/GYN physicians and midwives
- Compassionate, experienced nursing staff in Perinatal, Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, many of whom have been dedicated to Rose for decades
- Rose’s dedicated Childbirth Navigator, your go-to resource for any questions you have about having a baby at Rose – she is even mom to two Rose Babies herself!
- Christi answers the top pregnancy and childbirth questions on our FAQ page
- Now open, the Rose Babies Birth Center, a low-intervention birthplace. Here, our families experience a calming, home-like environment that is free from interventions and supports physiologic birth. Parents can relax, knowing that they will be cared for by their trusted provider and specially trained nurses within the safety net of a facility well-known for excellence in obstetric and neonatal care.
- 24-hour coverage in the hospital by our obstetric physician team
- A care team experienced with natural birthing techniques to help you through non-medicated delivery
- Denver’s only HypnoBirthing Center
- A wide variety of pain management options — now including nitrous oxide, or "laughing gas" — provided by an experienced team and board-certified anesthesiologists
- A commitment to helping you achieve your birth plan vision as closely as possible, ensuring that mom and baby’s safety are always paramount.
- We encourage you to fill out Rose Babies Birth Wishes and talk to your obstetrician about your birth experience wishes before your delivery date and bring this with you when you come to Rose to deliver to share with your nursing team
- The Rose Doula Connection program, our team of hand-selected birth doulas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a flat fee — the only hospital in Denver to offer this level of Doula support to interested parents
- Support from our team of Certified Lactation Consultants seven day a week — in fact, Rose has been recognized with the Colorado Can Do 5! Award for our extensive breastfeeding support
- A low rate of C-sections occurring for first-time mothers: 13% vs. the national average of 17%
- Immediate skin-to-skin contact, both for vaginal and C-section deliveries
- Rose’s commitment to family-centered C-section experiences
- No separation for healthy moms and healthy babies – rooming in is encouraged!
- But sometimes parents need a little break, so our nurse team will take baby into the Well Baby Nursery for a visit and bring baby back when parents are refreshed.
- A Level III NICU for newborns who are born prematurely or with mild to serious illness
- Extensive roster of classes to prepare you and your family for your new bundle of joy
- The Your Rose Baby pre-admission program: A one-on-one consultation with a Rose labor & delivery nurse prior to your delivery date to discuss questions or concerns, discuss your Rose Babies Birth Wishes form and pre-register at the hospital to ease entry when you arrive at Rose to deliver.
- A free car seat installation and/or inspection by a Certified Car Seat Technician, available 7 days a week
- "At Your Request" meal service featuring chef-prepared meals delivered to your room – including availability of kosher meals or meals to meet your dietary restrictions
- Free valet parking for spouses/partners wearing a baby band
- In-room postpartum massage available (for a small fee) to help relieve pain and alleviate stress
- Baby bassinettes in the postpartum room include everything you need to care for baby while you’re staying in the hospital: onesies, hats, blankets, diapers and wipes
- Luxury suites available for families looking for additional privacy and space
- “Mommy and Me” Tea Service for new mothers
- An opportunity for newborn photography services
- Parental and family support for those experiencing the loss of an infant