The Rose Medical Center Rose Babies Prenatal Plus program offers eligible pregnant mothers additional support to empower them to have a healthy pregnancy, healthy baby and healthy life.
The program aims to improve birth outcomes by reducing the number of low birth weight infants among Medicaid-eligible women in Colorado. A low birth weight infant weighs less than 5 pounds, 8 ounces or 2500 grams.
The Prenatal Plus team
Our team works together to create a specialized plan for each patient. This plan supports mom throughout her pregnancy and into her first few months after delivery. Our team includes:
- A "case manager" who can give you referrals in the community for financial help, parenting classes, medical benefits, and housing information.
- A registered dietitian who will help you with weight gain goals and diet during your pregnancy.
- A counselor who can talk to you about any personal issues you may have.
Prenatal Plus services
Services offered may include:
- One-stop support for referrals and counseling
- Preparing for labor and delivery
- Nutrition for a healthy pregnancy and feeding baby
- Mental health counseling for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Lactation (breastfeeding) counseling, childbirth and infant care education
- Baby & Me Tobacco Free, Reach Out & Read and Bright by Three
- Referrals to community resources
- Support groups and classes
- Case management in an outpatient setting that may include connection to:
- Housing options
- Food access (WIC)
- Financial help
- Pediatric referrals
- Relationship support
- Finding baby items
- Birth control
What patients qualify?
Patients must already qualify for Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid program). The patient must be pregnant, and at risk for having a low birth weight baby, having a baby too early or feeling down, depressed and hopeless during or after pregnancy. These things may be caused by:
- Smoking while pregnant,
- Using drugs and/or alcohol while pregnant,
- Being underweight or not gaining enough weight while pregnant,
- Already having had a low birth weight baby before,
- Being 18 years old or younger, or
- Having a high level of stress while pregnant
4545 East 9th Ave, Suite 305
Denver, CO 80220