Brow lift surgery is done to help patients achieve a younger, more refreshed look by smoothing the forehead, reducing the frown lines and elevating the position of the eyebrow line, helping to restore a more youthful and relaxed appearance.
A brow lift can be performed alone or in conjunction with other procedures such as eyelid surgery or a facelift. The procedure is best suited for adult men and women whose facial tissue and muscles are in good condition and who have realistic goals for rejuvenation of the upper face.
Brow lift surgery can be performed through multiple incisions hidden within the hairline or through a single incision in the natural crease of each upper eyelid. If there is significant excess skin in the forehead, a wide incision across the top of the scalp may be performed. Results from a brow lift include:
- Reduce furrows and other signs of aging in the forehead and brow areas, creating a softer, relaxed and rejuvenated facial appearance
- Minimize the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improve what are commonly referred to as frown lines - vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Reposition a low or sagging brow that is hooding the upper eyelid
- Raise the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position