Michael Firstenberg, MDThoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Firstenberg trained in both general and thoracic surgery and currently holds board certifications in thoracic surgery. He has won numerous awards and has been recognized as one of America’s Top Doctors in Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery by Castle Connolly and as one of the Top Doctors in Cleveland: Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery by Cleveland Magazine. Dr. Firstenberg has published extensively on cardiovascular disease and lectured worldwide. He has been extensively involved in various research activities and numerous Committees for professional cardiovascular Societies.
Dr. Firstenberg joins Cardiothoracic Surgery Associates from Akron, OH where he’s worked as a physician in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Summa Physicians Inc. and where he was an Associate Professor of Surgery and Integrative Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical Universities. Outside of work, Dr. Firstenberg enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with his son, Benjamin. He lives with his best friend, Linus, his Golden Retriever.
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- General Surgery - Board Certified
- Undergraduate Degree: University Of Chicago - 1990
- Graduate Degree: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine - 1996
- Internship: University Hospital's Cleveland Medical Center - 1997
- Residency: University Hospital's Cleveland Medical Center - 2003
- Fellowship: The Ohio State University - 2005
- Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic - 2006
- Sarah Cannon
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- Rose Medical Center