OUR GOALis to keep you as comfortable as possible. Rose Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with the safest, most effective and highest quality care possible.
You will be asked to rate your pain on a ““0” to “10” pain scale.You will also be asked to create an individual “pain goal.”
This “pain goal” is a number on the scale where you feel you will be able to move around, eat and breathe deeply—all critical steps in your recovery process.
Please Note: Pain medication may not completely eliminate your pain. Although we aim to make you as comfortable as possible, pain medication must be managed according to tolerance and side effects.
In addition to medication, there are many other effective methods of pain management. Some of these pain management techniques include:
- Distraction (conversation, watching TV, reading a book)
- Relaxation (imagery, music, deep breathing)
We are here to help you.
Hourly Rounding – Our staff will round on you each hour to see how you are doing and to ensure your pain is being managed appropriately. Don’t hesitate to call for help at any time in between visits if:
- Your pain is not well controlled with your current treatment
- You are having side effects from the medication (nausea, vomiting, itching)
- Your pain is getting worse
Thank you for trusting Rose Medical Center with your care.