Rose Delivers New Breakthroughs in the Patient Experience
At the Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center, we believe that our most important breakthrough is when our patients realize that they are no longer going to have to live with constant pain. Joint replacement and spine surgery are big undertakings and we take your recovery experience seriously while you’re in our care. That’s why we are opening a completely updated Orthopedic & Spine Center for patients recovering with us inside the hospital for a few days following surgery.
And it’s not just a completely renovated space. Our patients know what they are looking for in a spine and orthopedic program, and they want to know what to expect before, during and after joint replacement or spine surgery. That’s why Rose’s fully-integrated program starts the day you decide to surgery with us and includes multiple custom resources build to meet our patients’ needs, from “what to expect” pre-op videos to a dedicated Orthopedic & Spine Center patient navigator, and we are constantly communicating with our patients about what other resources they would value.
These brand new educational and support resources for our patients include:
- Updated in-person pre-op classes for knee and hip replacement patients to help patients understand what to expect
- On-demand pre-operative videos for hip, knee, shoulder replacement and spine surgery patients
- Surgical patient guidebooks to educate patients and help keep them organized
- Dedicated Patient Navigator who is the go-to resource for patients for any orthopedic or spine surgery question and helps patients ensure all their pre-operative needs are completed
- Helpful discharge videos from our orthopedic and spine surgeons that you will reference with your discharge nurse on the day you leave and you can watch anytime at home after you leave the hospital
- MyHealthOne, our comprehensive patient portal to keep your records organized
- Brand new online pre-registration and medical history functionality through MyHealthOne to save you time on the day of surgery
- Videos to help you understand the medications you may have during and after surgery
- Custom rehabilitation and occupational therapy videos to help you protect your spine or new joint following surgery and adaptive techniques to use while you’re recovering
We also just launched the brand new RoseMed app, available on Apple’s App Store! The RoseMed app is designed to be your personal concierge for Rose Medical Center from pre-op to post-op and everywhere in-between.
Learn about an upcoming procedure, read patient guides, watch videos, or research nearby hotels and lodging in Denver, Colorado, for family and friends of the patient.
If you are scheduled to have surgery with us—or even just considering having joint replacement or spine surgery at Rose—download the RoseMed app today!
Learn All About the New Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center
Integrating Consumer Technology to Improve Your Experience
We also have added the technology comforts of home: all Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center rooms are equipped with an Apple TV enabled with AirPlay, a seamless way to wirelessly access content from an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Using Apple AirPlay, Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center patients will be able to view anything on the iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch on their in-room television, including:
- Watch our new videos about rehab exercises, medication side effects, educational topics and videos about the services – all easy to find using the RoseMed app
- Select and watch videos about rehab exercises, medication side effects, educational topics and videos about the services on the all-new unit
- Stream video and audio from an Apple product1, from services such as Netflix2, Pandora2, HBO GO2, Hulu2 and more
- FaceTime or Skype with loved ones
- Review the Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center Patient Guidebook
- Play games
- View photos
Don’t have your own Apple device? The Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center has iPads you can borrow while you’re on the unit.
Take a Virtual Tour of the New Orthopedic & Spine Center
Learn more about the breakthroughs you’ll experience at the Rose Orthopedic & Spine Center.
1If patients do not have personal Apple products, Rose may be able to provide one during the hospital stay.
2Services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO and Pandora require sign-in using a personal account. Personal information is deleted upon discharge.