Rose Medical Center’s Commitment to Quality
High-quality medical care during a hospital visit is an essential component of a patient’s experience and overall outcome. There are a number of factors that we consider when we examine the quality of our care and the patient experience. Our goal is to provide clinical excellence, compassionate care and a personal connection with every patient, every time, to make your stay at Rose the best it can be.
How Do We Measure Quality?
To ensure that we continue to exceed expectations and provide the best care, it is important for us to continually monitor and measure what we do. The three main benchmarks we use look at patient satisfaction, quality measures and patient safety. These metrics are public data and are managed by leading healthcare organizations.
- Colorado Hospital Report Card - Colorado Hospital Association
- Hospital Compare Ratings - U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Health Facility Acquired Infections – Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Hospital Safety Score - Leapfrog Hospital Ratings
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) – The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Core Measures – The Joint Commission